Alimony & Support Payments - Brook Legal

Alimony & Support Payments

Alimony (Spousal Support) and Child Support

In a divorce, one spouse can ask the other to pay alimony for his/her financial needs, also called spousal support. 
Child support can be asked by one spouse of the other, for the financial needs of the child, no matter which spouse has the higher income. 
Both spousal support and child support can be requested simultaneously.
In determining the amount and duration of support payments, the court will consider the financial resources and needs of each spouse or child, and the circumstances of the family situation.
As the determination of support to be paid is largely up to the court's discretion, it is important to seek professional legal help to obtain maximal results. We have dealt with many such cases similar to yours and we can help you bring your case forward in the best light.


We are highly responsive to any inquiries.